giovedì 6 marzo 2008

io sto bene!

Ah, well, where were we? How long has it been since I've updated. I can't remember. Sorry for those of you who look to this as mild entertainment//a procrastination tool (there must be at least 2 of you, right? maybe?)

So the weekend of the 23-24 of last month I went to Montecampione with some kids from the program (actually, it was an IES sponsored trip), to go skiing. Oh goodness, many things! Embarrassingly, I had to stay on the bunny slope because the other courses were just too hard. I went down one and freaked out inside the entire time, and finally fell while rapping some three 6 mafia and got a sweet bruise. Even the bunny hill was really short but also kind of steep at certain points. We were about 3600 feet up in the air even at our resort, and the top of Montecampione was 5400 feet up in the air. There was a tiny little shack at the top of Montecampione (Bar 2000, what what!) that had candy, coffee, beer, panini--mostly bar food, but so good! Who can say that they've had a cappuccino at 1800M up in the sky? We skied friday and saturday, and on sunday lounged atop the mountain in beach chairs because it was SO warm (I'd say probably 60 degrees or so). I wore a cardigan and jeans, ate salamella and drank heineken for lunch. Sometimes I hardcore miss Mount Holyoke, but sometimes, man...I don't miss my carrell on the 6th floor of the stacks and leaving at 1 am and then wiping out on the ice. 

I proceeded to get really ill on tuesday after that (I'd had a really rough cold before that I caught from my roommate the week before) which came and hit me like a brick wall. I think I had bronchitis. I don't really know, I kind of just go to the doctor and they listen to my lungs and feel my nodes and give me a prescription. I was just on antibiotics and finished them yesterday. So we shall see! 

I'm trying to figure out trips--I've only been to Florence, Belgium, and Montecampione thus far. Plus Berlin tickets booked and two undisclosed places soon to be discovered. I've got Prague, Salzburg, London, Barcelona, and Croatia on my list. Perhaps the latter 3 will be visited after my program is over. Also, if there's anyone out there who wants to come visit me in Milan, please make your voices heard!  
Oh boy, oh boy! 

Also, photos were updated! 
go look! 

Nessun commento: