sabato 19 aprile 2008

this is our decision

Number one thing I miss about America right now?



...BACON.

That's it. I had breakfast today with Melissa and we decided on pancakes. We went to the grocery store and bought maple syrup and mix. And then there was the pancetta, the Italian cop-out version of bacon. Seriously, I-Ties, get on that.

Also, passover is tonight, isn't it? Le sad, because Matzoball soup sounds so good right now. I could really just waltz into a juniors and be so happy.

But that's the crazy thing, is that I really don't want to leave Italy now. Milan is ugly, I'll give you that. But I'm just starting to crack its gross shell (ITS LIKE AN OYSTER, GET IT) and am getting a really good taste (read: not of its gross "SUINO" pancetta. PIG? You call that PIG? I'll just stick to prosciutto, k thx) of what it has to offer--discovering the Brera district and having espresso and gelato sit breaks. This thing called "Zona Tortona" is going on right now; an interior design expo deal and there are lots of parties going on. I live on the corner of Via Tortona, all this stuff is happening around me. I keep walking on rugs made of some pasticky- esque shag fabric that are out all over the streets. People keeping passing us postcards telling us to come have free drinks all over the city.
Tonight we're supposedly going to a party in a huge traffic tunnel that they're blocking off. Who knows.

Striking discovery: Milan is actually pretty cool.

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

one thing you should miss about america right now... me.